Monday, August 10, 2015

I'm Back!

Wow, so much has happened since I've last updated the blog.

Some sad things, like dealing with my Dad's death. You never get over it, you can't explain it, and it made me really unable to face certain events/ days. It could be a random Tuesday and I'd be a wreck. I've had a significant weight gain since this happened.

Some happy things: I graduated with my B.S degree in dietetics, have a full time position doing what I love, and I just passed the registration exam (I'm now an official RDN!)

That last happy bit just happened on Saturday. I'm over the moon!  Last night I curled up in bed with a good book that had nothing to do with college!!!! I'm very proud of myself. I'm so proud that I feel encouraged to face some things that have been put on the back burner, especially my health.

This is where you come in, oh faithful subscriber!

I will be coming back to you after a long break and ready to blog about my meals and my day. Let's start now, shall we?

Breakfast was a tropical green smoothie with spinach, peaches, pineapple, strawberries, milk and protein powder and the best iced coffee I've had in a while! Coconut macadamia nut mmmm...

 
Snack #1 carrots and homemade ranch (ranch powder and whole plain yogurt)
 
 snack #2, delicious thingamabob and a lacroix (Name this fruit? Pluot?)
 
Carrot Gazpacho from Vegetariantimes.com, so good but the recipe was a pain in the ass!
 
 
After exercising with the husband and the puppy! I'm treating myself to a couple grasshopper cookies! (Gotta have balance, RDN orders!!)
 
 
 

2 comments:

Ashleigh said...

So glad you're back! I've been awaiting reading your post all day & it really perked up my night. That carrot gazpacho looks AMAZING!!! We should try and do at least one Sunday dinner a month and weekly walks like we talked about with Sarah. Can't wait to read more. ~Ashleigh

Frickin' Fabulous at 40 said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!! What a HUGE accomplishment!!